Eggnog Pound Cake
Hands-on Time: 15 min.; Total Time: 2 hr., 25 min. Just when you thought pound cake couldn't get any better—try toasting the slices and spreading them with your favorite jam or preserves.
This recipe goes with Eggnog Cupcakes
- YIELD: Makes 12 servings
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings, Desserts
- 1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).