Ancho Pork Medallions
Pepper jelly and aromatic spices give your average pork tenderloin a bold new flavor. Serve with a spinach salad for a
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 2 medallions)
- TOTAL:20 Minutes
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Cut pork crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Combine chile powder and next 4 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl; rub evenly over both sides of pork. Combine jelly and lime juice; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 1 minute on each side. Brush pork with half of jelly mixture; turn and brush with remaining jelly mixture. Cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan; let stand 5 minutes before serving.