Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterscotch Bits
Crisscrossed fork marks and all, these cookies are just like Mom made, with the addition of yummy butterscotch morsels for extra flavor and a sweet crunch.
Cost per Serving: $.24
Video: 5 to Try: Chocolate Chip Cookie Twists
More From Allyou
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 207mg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour $
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature $
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter (not "all natural") $
- 1 cup sugar $
- 1 large egg $
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 11-oz. package butterscotch morsels
- 1. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- 2. Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating to blend. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and butterscotch morsels. Form into a large disk and wrap in plastic. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°F; line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Use hands to form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Using a fork, press balls flat, then press again to form a crisscross pattern. Bake cookies until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.