Mini Peppermint and Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
To cut this recipe in half, just omit the egg whites from the filling.
Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 1 cheesecake)
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers; about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 12 hard peppermint candies, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
Preheat oven to 325°.
To prepare crust, combine the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Press about 1 1/2 teaspoons crumb mixture into the bottom of each of 48 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 5 minutes.
To prepare the filling, place 6 candies, fat-free cream cheese and the next 6 ingredients (fat-free cream cheese through sour cream) in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in minichips and peppermint extract. Divide the filling evenly among prepared crusts. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes or until done. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove mini cheesecakes from pans, and cool completely. Top each mini cheesecake with 1 teaspoon whipped topping. Crush the remaining 6 candies; sprinkle the crushed candies and chocolate sprinkles over the cheesecakes.
- 54 (37% from fat)
- 2.2g (sat 1.3g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.1g)