Lemon-Basil Chicken with Basil Aioli
A side of egg noodles complement the fresh lemon and basil flavors of this guest-friendly entrée.
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon aioli)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- Basil Aioli:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to basil mixture, turning to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.
While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Combine 1/4 cup basil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve with chicken.