Kung Pao Shrimp
Take ten minutes to create a memorable Asian-style meal that your family will love.
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
poundpeeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons
1. Combine 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sherry, cornstarch, and shrimp.
2. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add peanuts and next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in celery and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sherry, and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and salt. Top with onions.