Chocolate Chunk-Peanut Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened $
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter $
- 1 cup granulated sugar $
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar $
- 2 large eggs $
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour $
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts $
- 1 (11.5-ounce) bag chocolate chunks $
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add chunky peanut butter and sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanuts and chocolate chunks.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons for each cookie). Flatten slightly, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Double Chocolate Chunk-Peanut Cookies: Reduce flour to 2 cups; add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted. Proceed as directed.