Chicken Tostadas and Avocado Dressing
Top chicken tostadas with a creamy, homemade avocado and sour cream dressing.
- YIELD: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 tostada)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 teaspoon oil to pan. Cook 1 tortilla 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with 2 1/4 teaspoons oil and remaining tortillas.
3. Add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons dressing.