Chicken Scaloppine over Broccoli Rabe
Serve with baby carrots and roasted new potatoes. If you can't find cutlets, place chicken breast halves between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and 1/2 cup broccoli rabe mixture)
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (rapini), cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 lemon slices (optional)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine breadcrumbs and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Add wine, broth, juice, and butter to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in broccoli rabe; cover and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Stir in parsley and capers. Serve chicken over broccoli rabe mixture. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 44.3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 577mg
- Calcium: 102mg