Cavatappi with Prosciutto and Parmesan
This simple pasta toss relies on a few well-chosen, high-quality ingredients. Ensure success with Italian imports: extravirgin olive oil; buttery imported prosciutto from Parma; and nutty, complex Parmigiano-Reggiano, also from Parma.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese)
- 1/2 pound uncooked cavatappi
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add reserved 3 tablespoons cooking liquid and pasta to pan; let stand 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, oil, salt, pepper, and prosciutto; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- 313 (30% from fat)
- 10.4g (sat 2.7g,mono 5.6g,poly 0.8g)