All-Time Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
If chocolate chip cookies are your favorite cookies, consider these the favorite of the favorites. They're like the Prom Queen of chocolate chip cookies.
- YIELD: Makes about 5 dozen
- PREP TIME:30 Minutes
- BAKE:14 Minutes
- COOL:15 Minutes
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in morsels just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired
Flavor Cravings: All sorts of goodies can be added to Rebecca's recipe to create other signature cookies. Here are a few of our staff favorites.
Chocolate Chip-Pretzel Cookies: Prepare recipe as directed, beating in 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzel sticks with morsels.
Cranberry-White Chocolate Cookies: Substitute 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels, 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries, and 1 cup pistachios for chocolate morsels. Proceed as directed.
White Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Cookies: Prepare recipe as directed, beating in 1 (7-oz.) bag white chocolate-covered mini pretzel twists, coarsely crushed, with morsels.
Almond-Toffee Cookies: Substitute 6 (1.4-oz.) chopped chocolate-covered toffee candy bars and 1 1/2 cups toasted slivered almonds for chocolate morsels. Proceed as directed.
Turtle Cookies: Substitute 1 (7-oz.) package milk chocolate-caramel-pecan clusters, coarsely chopped, and 1 (12-oz.) package
Nutty Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies: Decrease salt to 1/2 tsp. Decrease morsels to 1 (12-oz.) package. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter with butter and sugars, and add 1 cup lightly salted peanuts with morsels. Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. Proceed as directed. (Dough will look a little moist.)